The Future of TheMandalorian.net
Ever since the launch of our website we’ve aimed at becoming the #1 community on The Mandalorian worldwide. As our numbers have grown significantly and with more Star Wars Disney+ series on the way we have decided that his community needs a dedicated team of Star Wars fans that will carry this website into the future. That’s where you hopefully come in! And here’s why.
A brand new Star Wars project
Until the end of 2022 we will only have to deal with Disney+ series, of course including The Mandalorian and the upcoming Cassian Andor and Obi-Wan Kenobi live-action series. Undoubtedly, more series will follow as Disney+ evolves. Meanwhile, the reach of our website TheMandalorian.net (in terms of followers and engagement on Facebook) has grown exponentially compared to the reach of many already established and internationally recognized Star Wars websites added together.
Given recent developments, we have decided to rename and rebuild this website into something that covers the entire Star Wars franchise on Disney+ instead of solely The Mandalorian. Our aim is to recruit an international editorial team for this, which is a process we’ve already commenced. As of right now we’ve already found multiple new European editors whose sole purpose will be to manage a brand new Star Wars Disney+ website on which everyone is able to find the latest news, reviews, exclusive interviews, and other articles. Our sister-website Star Wars Interviews (the largest archive of exclusive Star Wars interviews worldwide, all conducted by our senior editor Dennis) will be entirely connected to this new website as our current crew, in conjunction with a newly formed editorial team, will launch this website very soon. An exact release date and definitive name for the new website is still to be determined.
Will you join us?
If you find joy in delivering news and/or original content about Star Wars for a large Star Wars audience, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com or send us a message on Facebook. We’d love to hear more from you, so please introduce yourself, tell us where you’re from (this is important as we intend to create a team that represents the Star Wars community globally), and why you feel you should be picked for our team. As of right now, we’re looking for a handful of editors which are preferably not from Western Europe, the only exception being the UK.
Unfortunately you won’t be paid for your time and effort in the form of galactic credits, this will be completely on voluntary basis (as it always has been for us as well). So why would you still want to write for an international Star Wars website and what do you need to know?
- Firstly, you will be part of a team that has plenty of experience with managing succesful Star Wars websites. After all, the new website will be part of the StarWars.community network, which includes both Star Wars Interviews and Star Wars Awakens (the Star Wars community of Belgium and the Netherlands). Star Wars Awakens is currently managed by a crew of six passionate Star Wars fans and even though all of us will be working on and helping out with the new website as much as we can, we are looking for new and dedicated crew members that are willing to work together with us, and in time hopefully will be able to run the new Star Wars website on their own.
- Your articles will be read by a very large international Star Wars audience.
- In time – and in consultation with the EiC – it will be possible to submit applications to companies, publishers, and distributors for testing and reviewing Star Wars products (which you may usually keep afterwards) and productions, and free access to conventions and exclusive press events. You might even be eligible to meet Star Wars cast and crew members, as we have done in the past. Ofcourse this will all very much depend on the possibilities that your local Disney contacts and event organizers have available to you.
- With your new e-mail address you can easily start networking and make contacts in name of our website and thereby start establishing yourself within the international Star Wars community (if you haven’t already done so, ofcourse!). You may also help create, and manage the new website’s social media channels and groups.
- You will be able to decide your own schedule, e.g. there is no requirement concerning time investment per day. However, you are expected to participate in and check into our chat application (we use Slack and will communicate exclusively in English) preferably a couple of times a day so we’re able to discuss the latest news and assign news articles within our editorial team (which is going to be spread around the world). You decide how much time you wish to spend on the website writing news articles, reviews, and other background articles (original content).
- Since you are probably the only person (or one of the very few persons) writing from your own country, it is our intention to make you profit from this by letting you represent our website at your local Star Wars (press) events where you might be able to see, interact with and experience things that are not yet available to the general public.
- We are looking for editors within our to be formed team who are interested in writing episode reviews of upcoming Star Wars Disney+ series, but of course this does not have to be done by the same person every time.
- It is of course important that you enjoy writing and that this is preferably a passion of yours (although a passion for Star Wars is much more important!). If you have never written for a website before, you can count on help and guidance in this (to be honest, it’s not too complicated if you already know how to use a word processor such as Microsoft Word). Ofcourse, prior website-editing experience is preferred.
Feel free to e-mail us if you have any questions, we will also answer to as many questions as possible on our Facebookpage. We thank you kindly for reading through all of this and hope to hear from you soon! We have spoken.