What are your thoughts on the new set of directors?

The first season of "The Mandalorian" will have several directors. Produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Felloni, Colin Wilson, Kathleen Kennedy and co-executive producer Karen Gilchrist.
The first episode will be directed by Dave Felloni. Other directors will include:
Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones)
Rick Famuyiwa (Dope),
Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates)
Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)
What are your thoughts on these directors and the input that will be given by George Lucas?

"The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client

Comments

• BD Howard: a rookie director whose dad is well known at Lucasfilm. Hmmmmm. *raised eyebrow*
    Waititi: I don't like him.
    Filoni: don't like all of his ideas (time travel in Rebels for instance) but he's solid.
    As for the others: I don't know them so I don't have an opinion. Yet.

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com and author of the Star Wars Interviews book series. Volumes 1 and 2 now available on all Amazon sites.

• Dennis said:
    What is there not to like about Waititi? The mention of his name got a huge pop from the crowd back at Celebration btw.
  • edited August 17
    Ramon said:
    Dennis said:
    What is there not to like about Waititi? The mention of his name got a huge pop from the crowd back at Celebration btw.
    He irritates me. In Dutch I would say he comes off as a 'popi jopie'.
    I'm no Marvel/Thor fan, but I read he pissed off some fans with his tweets about the new Thor film last week.
    I would have loved to see directors like Joe Johnston, Joe Dante, John Landis, John Carpenter, Frank Darabont, Kenneth Branagh, Ang Lee, Guillermo DelToro, Alfonso Cuaron or James Mangold.

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com and author of the Star Wars Interviews book series. Volumes 1 and 2 now available on all Amazon sites.

• edited September 7

Here is an interview with the daughter of Ron Howard;

Bryce Dallas Howard and how she was guided by her father during his work on shooting of SOLO that indirectly

helped directing an episode of the Mandalorian:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bryce-dallas-howard-the-mandalorian-star-wars-george-lucas-1203326358/

"The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client
  • edited October 20

And so we're heard that besides Jon Favreau himself Carl Weathers is directing an episode of season 2.

What are your throughts on Carl Weathers directing The Mandalorian?

• And here is the overview who directs which episode of The Mandalorian:

The directors for each episode of The Mandalorian have been revealed:

1: Dave Filoni

2: Rick Famuyiwa

3: Deborah Chow

4: Bryce Dallas Howard

5: Dave Filoni

6: Rick Famuyiwa

7: Deborah Chow

8: Taika Waititi