Meeting the cast members from The Mandalorian

edited August 2019 in The Mandalorian

On dec 7/8 you Will be able to meet two cast members of the Mandalorian on Comic Con Dortmund

Present will be Giancarlo Esposito and Mark Boone Jr. who are both part of the live Action series. See you there!

https://germancomiccon.com/en/gaeste/#dortmund

"The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client

Comments

• Looking forward to meeting the two cast members! We’ll be going with a party of four.

"The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client
  • @Dennis and I are still pondering whether to go. We'd love to chat with both of those actors, but chances are they won't be allowed to talk about anything closely related to The Mandalorian.

• Hope you guys decide to go; world be nice to meet one another.

• That’s great! Do you know yet what parts they are playing? Didn’t even know that they are part of the crew! @Ramon I think they are allowed to talk, because the show will be live in November and the con is in December

• edited August 2019

Sorry, I have decided to go to Echobasecon (dec. 21st. Utrecht) and XO Gold (nov. 16th. Utrecht) and CC Dortmund (dec 7th).
    Line-up XO Gold: Ross Beadman, Alan Harris, Robert Nairne, Eileen Roberts, David Stone, Terminlan Blaev, Lewis MacLeod, Patrick Comerford, Julian Glover, Arie Dekker, Ivy Wong, Shina Shihoko Nagai, Adam Basil, Rodney Tosh, Victor Botha, Matthew Dale, Colin Skeaping, Franki Anderson, Scott Stevenson
    Line-up Echobase con: Lorne Peterson, Michael Pennington, Katy Kartwheel, Angus MacInnes, Kiran Shah (and more tba)

• Will go to both as well, but no mandalorian cast yet

• @Damian said:
    That’s great! Do you know yet what parts they are playing? Didn’t even know that they are part of the crew! @Ramon I think they are allowed to talk, because the show will be live in November and the con is in December

I believe the name of Esposito's character has already been mentioned out there. When I attended the panel of The Mandalorian he was shown in the footage as some kind of Imperial/early FO Lieutenant. He was also flying a TIE Fighter (at least, that's what I think it was) in the footage.
    Sadly, I doubt they will be allowed to talk about it since the show is still running at that point, with possibly even a mid-season break in early December (after 4 episodes). Lucasfilm/Disney is very, very strict with these kind of things. It'll be easier to get interviews with cast and crew after the first season has aired in its entirety, not to mention the expiration date of their NDA's.

• Damian said:

That’s great! Do you know yet what parts they are playing? Didn’t even know that they are part of the crew! @Ramon I think they are allowed to talk, because the show will be live in November and the con is in December

I've done several interviews with cast/crew and some wanted to wait a couple of months/weeks (after the movie was released) while others first wanted Lucasfilms approval. Also, when the con is being held not every episode has aired so it could be a) they want to wait until season 1 is done, and/or b) maybe in december the episode(s) they're in hasn't aired.

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com and author of the Star Wars Interviews book series. Volumes 1 and 2 now available on all Amazon sites.

• Just tell them you're from the Netherlands and the show is already airiing there (premier Nov. 12th -> Dec. 7th) on Disney Plus NL. Furthermore I talked to one of the creature and puppeteers before SOLO; a Star Wars Story came out and saying his name was already on IMDB made it possible to talk briefly about the upcoming spin off at the time. Not in depth but still a nice chat. .

• Like you said, not in depth. Plus it wasn't recorded and not with the intent of sharing it on a website/magazine/show.

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com and author of the Star Wars Interviews book series. Volumes 1 and 2 now available on all Amazon sites.

• Mark Boone Jr. isn’t listed anywhere for the Series, is he? Haven’t found anything about him related to the series.

• We saw him in the footage they showed at SWC. He’s in the series allright

• This last weekend I visited Comic Con in Dortmund Germany where I met Mark Boone Jr. and Giancarlo Esposito. Great to talk to both of them. Mark Boone Jr said to me he will be in Rick's Chapter no 6 (Dec. 13). He met Jon Favreau in 1997 at the Sundance Festival and they stayed in touch ever since.

Favreau said that if he ever had a part for Mark Boone Jr. he'd contact him. Mark Boone told me he knowns the Mandalorian in the series. Furthermore he said he has a deep respect for Dave Felloni.

I brought the poster Jon Favreau and Dave Felloni gave to attendants at the Mandalorian panel at SWC Chicago this last April.

From the poster you can see Giancarlo signed it with his character name "Moff Gideon"

Also very nice talking to Giancarlo Esposito. He still visits Groningen in the Netherlands because of his spouce. https://www.ad.nl/show/breaking-bad-acteur-giancarlo-esposito-heeft-nederlandse-vriendin~a6b69ab0/

Comic Con Dortmund is totally not comparable to its counterpart in the Netherlands. If I had to guess nearly fifty actors were present. It is much better organized and on a much greater scale; four giant halls were used with many booths for merchandise and lots of props. Talked to Carice van Houten, Daniel Logan, Bai Ling. Also the majority of the entire Walking Dead Cast was present plus actors from Back to the Future, GOT, Charmed, Beverly Hills Cop, E.T. Blade Runner and much much more.

Also many props and LEGO

The Millenium Falcon blasting its way out of Mos Eisley Space Port.

Lots of Star Wars cosplay at Comic Con Dortmund.

• edited December 2019

Next year the following actors can be met:

Giancarlo Esposito in Brussels at: https://comicconbrussels.com/nl/gasten/ (22 & 23 Feb 2020)

Sala Baker (Klatooinian Raider Captain) Chapter: Sanctuary;

London Comic Con Spring

Feb. 29 - Mar. 1, 2020

Olympia, London, England

Natalia Tena will play a Twi'lek in one of the upcoming Chapters.

• Plus the sound editor of the Mandalorian (yes, and even the Child's baby sounds) Matthew Wood (Skywalker Sound) can be met at Echobasecon Dec. 21st in Utrecht the Netherlands.

• Tait Fletcher coming to Power of the Force May 2-3

• Added to the Albuquerque NM Comic Con January 17-20th 2020

Matthew did sound editing for the Mandalorian and added the Jawa and Stormtrooper sounds to several episodes.

https://albuquerquecomiccon.com/2015-home/guest-listing/

Added to the London Film and Comic con 24-26 July:

• And Dominic Pace is also coming to CC Brussels Feb 22nd

• Misty Rosas coming to London!!!