My “The Mandalorian” Cosplay!

Hey, Gang. Im BP! Im a maker, artist, cosplayer, prop builder, etc.

I also draw trading Cards for Topps and Cryptozoic Entertainment!

After Star Wars Celebration this year I HAD to build this costume! It’s mostly EVA Foam with some 3D printed parts. The helmet is a reworked Rubies Jango Fett. I plan to get a 3D printed (more accurate) one shortly.

You can see my work here: instagram.com/TheArtofBP

BP

Comments

• Hey BP,

I have to say that looks pretty amazing for a DIY costume, based on a character we hardly even know. Nice job, and thanks for sharing! Reminds me of myself; I used to have this Kylo Ren costume in 2015 way before The Force Awakens came out, so before anyone knew who he was. Turns out I was cosplaying as Ben Solo. Great. 😛

Anyway, are you a member of the 501st?

• Hi guys, I’m a member of the 501st Legion and the Mandalorian Mercs in Australia. My first costume for both groups was ROTJ Boba Fett. I love cosplaying as Boba, he always gets a great reaction. Really looking forward to The Mandalorian series, I’m hoping I’ll be able to watch it over here. Cheers.

• Looks pretty badass, how long have you been a member of the 501st? And does Australia have a large Garrison?

• edited August 2019
    Ramon said:

Looks pretty badass, how long have you been a member of the 501st? And does Australia have a large Garrison?

I’ve been a member for almost 2 years. Australia has several garrisons (it’s a big country!) but I’m a member of Queensland’s Redback Garrison.
  • Love it!
    "The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client
  • Ramon said:

Hey BP,

I have to say that looks pretty amazing for a DIY costume, based on a character we hardly even know. Nice job, and thanks for sharing! Reminds me of myself; I used to have this Kylo Ren costume in 2015 way before The Force Awakens came out, so before anyone knew who he was. Turns out I was cosplaying as Ben Solo. Great. 😛

Anyway, are you a member of the 501st?

I am not a member (Yet). But, I have made countless props and helmets for them.
  • hi guys! the armor looks great. 
    I’ve been a member of the 501st since 2008, also recently acted as a coordinator for 4 years for my Garrison & Base. I’ve done countless charity / community events the last 11years.
    I have 4 sets of armor with the Legion, TK (Stormtrooper), BH (Boba Fett), TC (Clone Trooper) & TK (First Order Trooper) & have gotten to do some fun high-profile events, one of them just happened to be The Mandalorian!

• Nice, I saw that being portrayed at the Mandalorian panel being aired from SWC Chicago. This was shot in California?
    "The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client
  • yes, it’s from one of the days of shooting last fall. :smiley:
  • Had to stalk your instagram account to see the pics! LOOKS SO AWESOME! I am looking to start my own mandalorian build out of foam. I doubt mine will look as awesome as yours!!!

I am a 501st legion member ( since 2015).

started off with a Jawa, then a scout and now Iden Versio, which is the one im most proud of.

• Wonderful costume and lovely pictures @IdenVersio, those certainly deserve its own topic in here: https://www.themandalorian.net/forum/categories/cosplay

• Amazing work! Do you have any experience using Plastazote closed cell foam? I can get hold of it a fair amount cheaper than EVA. Do you think it would be suitable.