What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

What is your favorite Star Wars movie? (and why?)

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com and author of the Star Wars Interviews book series. Volumes 1 and 2 now available on all Amazon sites.

Comments

• A New Hope, unaltered version. My main reason is mostly nostalgia since I was 8 when it came out but at that time it blew my mind. I was so immersed in what I saw I could practically feel the heat of the desert and how cool was seeing a lightsaber for the first time, it was awesome.

• Same here, although I also like the SE.

In 1984 A New Hope was the second SW movie I saw (the first one was ROTJ at the cinema in 1983) and it is the most 'complete' one. It's the one closest to George Lucas' 'matinee serials' inspiration. Classic in every way.

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com and author of the Star Wars Interviews book series. Volumes 1 and 2 now available on all Amazon sites.

• ESB, RO, ROTJ, ANH, AOTC, ROTS, SOLO, Both EWOK movies, TFA, TPM, TLJ, Holiday Special.

In that order. Why? My opinion of thought and quality of entertainment that I perceived them to be. (Ewok movies were watched when I was a kid.. and May fall later in list if I watched as an adult)

• If I had to place them in order my top 10 would be:

1-A New Hope

2-Return of the Jedi

3-The Empire Strikes Back

4-Attack of the Clones

5-The Phantom Menace

6-Revenge of the Sith

7-Caravan of Courage

8-Battle for Endor

9-Rogue One

10-The Holiday Special

• 1) ROTS

2) TLJ

3) ESB

4) R1

• Rogue One deserves to be in anyone's top 3, certainly top 5.

You have some splainin' to do, @Dennis!

• edited August 16

Rogue One is in my top 3 for sure!!!!

At the moment my top five is:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One; a Star Wars Story
    4. SOLO; a Star Wars Story
    5. Return of the Jedi (would have been no.3 if Gary Kurtz would have teamed up with Steven Spielberg)

"The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client

• If Kurtz had done ROTJ we would have had a terrible ending (Han dead, Luke walking away alone in the desert). It would have killed the franchise as I don't think the EU (with the further adventures of Luke-Han-Leia) would have started in 1991, the SE's (released because there was renewed interest in Star Wars -thanks to the EU- wouldn't have existed and I doubt Lucas would have made the prequels.

• My 10 Star Wars movies is:
    1. ESB
    2. ROTJ
    3. ROTS
    4. Solo
    5. AOTC
    6. ANH
    7. TFA
    8. R1
    9. TPM
    10. TLJ
    (Can't judge TROS because I haven't seen it yet) 🤣

• I love all of them. They all transport me to a galaxy far far away.

Your going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view.

• edited August 19

Oh come on @Masterjedi688, you surely have one particular movie that stands out?! 😉

• Sorry Ramon which also happens to be my middle name. I love all of them. Each movie offers something different, exciting, dramatic, funny, sad.

Your going to find that many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly on our own point of view.

• The latest Jedi!

• edited September 17

The very same question was asked by EW’s James Hibberd to numerous cast members of The Mandalorian:

Can you relatie to them?

"The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client