What do you want/hope to see?

What do you want/hope to see in Season One of The Mandalorian? Tell us!

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com and author of the Star Wars Interviews book series. Volumes 1 and 2 now available on all Amazon sites.

Comments

• I'm hoping for a gritty, mature Star Wars series that is aimed at fans of the original trilogy. I have faith in Jon Favreau considering the way he talks about the Star Wars lore in general, but also after the work he's done in the MCU and Jungle Book, The Lion King, more recently.

I hope we finally get to hear more of what actually happened throughout the galaxy after Return of the Jedi and a part of me is hoping to see a familiar face towards the end of the first season, albeit Thrawn/Ezra/Ahsoka/Sabine.

• edited August 16

I'm hoping for a series which is close(r) in spirit/feel to the initial inspiration for Star Wars: matinee serials like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers.

The focus on (family)fun, swashbuckling, action/adventure. That sort of thing. No wokeness.

As for familiar faces: Zuckuss, Dengar, 4-LOM...a surviving goon of Jabba?

Founder of StarWarsInterviews.com and author of the Star Wars Interviews book series. Volumes 1 and 2 now available on all Amazon sites.

• I hope to see a live action series that covers the realm of the defeated Empire. A lawless environment where everyone is in danger. And moreover, where you will endorse criminals and villains because of the choices they have to make.

"The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client
  • I would love to see Canon continuity, a few noteworthy Chris's over character pop ins, a greatly written script and character development that connects with longtime fans and hooks newer ones.

A story that tells a story that never stops grasping the watcher and keeps it fresh and exciting with grit and shadow as well as possible romance a the right amount of humor thrown in.

• these are all really good hope guys, keep them up! ;)

• edited August 17

I'm not expecting Dirty Harry level grit, but TBO this show already came out of nowhere, and I really like that no one (aside from cast & crew) knows what we are getting in November. And given Season 2 is in Production Pre-vis phase already, bring it, slather it on. If what I want to see, is a world of Star Wars outside the periphery, but like with everything Star Wars, I really hope The Mandalorian is gonna end up on Mandalore, maybe be a Visla/ Kryze?

• edited August 17

I'm not expecting Dirty Harry level grit, but TBO this show already came out of nowhere, and I really like that no one (aside from cast & crew) knows what we are getting in November. And given Season 2 is in Production Pre-vis phase already, bring it, slather it on. If what I want to see, is a world of Star Wars outside the periphery, but like with everything Star Wars, I really hope The Mandalorian is gonna end up on Mandalore, maybe be a Visla/ Kryze?

Did you see the episode of Collider where Katee Sackhoff (Bo-Katan Kryze) revealed that she's in the show? She got asked what she's got coming up and she didn't want to say anything on their podcast, but winked at the host's glass of water, which was a Star Wars glass. Sadly for her, she did not realize that the episode was recorded on video as well until after she'd done it.  :D

Edit: I found the footage:

• Ramon said:
     Katee Sackhoff (Bo-Katan Kryze) revealed that she's in the show?

As much as I hate the BSG reboot (I'm a huge extreme BSG1978 fan) she's a good actress and having her in the Mandalorian would be a good and smart thing imho.
    (At which time in the video does she 'reveal' it?)

• Dennis said:
    Ramon said:
     Katee Sackhoff (Bo-Katan Kryze) revealed that she's in the show?

As much as I hate the BSG reboot (I'm a huge extreme BSG1978 fan) she's a good actress and having her in the Mandalorian would be a good and smart thing imho.
    (At which time in the video does she 'reveal' it?)
    Just hit play, I already marked the time in the video. ;) But to answer your question: around 1:15:30.
  • Hello, for many of the fans is boba fett their favorite bounty hunter. Although it's a slim chance that we're gonna see him in the new series, I am looking forward for another bounty hunter (if that's storywise possible): Dengar
  • edited August 19

I think it is a safe bet to watch the Original Trilogy again (Favreau grew up on the OT & Lucas is giving input) when it comes to barscenes, crimelord hide outs. The way the outher rim has manifested after the Empire has been defeated many species we are familiar with hopefully will make an appearance.

Hope to see species such as Rodians (like Chussido), Transdosan, Devaronian, Twi'leks, Ilthorian, Gothal.

Plus sepcies that were introduced in the Spin off movies such as Melbu, Tognath,

"The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client
  • According to Carl Weathers (character name Greef Carga) we won't be disappointed by the Mandalorian.

Listen to his interview:

https://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2019/08/24/carl-weathers-star-wars-fans-wont-be-disappointed-by-the-mandalorian/

• Hope to see a very underworld gritty Star Wars show. Something that when I watch I definitely feel like I’m watching Star Wars. Love to see the mandalorian build up a reputation if he doesn’t have one and watch the journey he takes. Maybe along the way see him with all his gadgets and make friends and enemies. Just overall excited and want something that feels old school Star Wars while being brand new. Can’t wait.

• "The Empire improves every system it touches. Judged by any metric; safety, prosperity, peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution? Look outside. At death and chaos" The Client